View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

I think that's why sobriety is a mixed bag for a while. Yeah it's nice not to feel hung over and all that but the crazy mood swings... I found things really levelled out for me though after the first few months of seething anger. I used to be prone to long periods of depression, usually lasting months to a year. Since getting sober all my down patches have lasted days, a few weeks at most. I've had other problems, low energy being a massive one but in the bigger scheme of things not purposefully changing our mood with chemicals and booze tends to make life a much less bumpy ride, in a good way

I have actually been feeling a lot better energy wise in the last few days. I have massively changed my diet and I think it is doing me the world of good. I am not making a massive effort but my diet before was pretty atrocious so it is not hard to make improvements and the last few weeks I have basically been following a vegan diet which has effectively cut out all the foods I binge on, like cheese, chocolate, mints... I haven't even had any desire to eat them or missed them at all, way easier than giving up booze! Anyway yesterday I forgot to take my thyroid stuff and I still felt fine whereas I normally would feel really drowsy in the afternoon so I am thinking that maybe it has been my post booze high sugar diet that has been making me feel groggy all along. Hey ho. It takes me time to decide to do anything about that sort of thing. I hope I manage to stick with this. I am feeling pretty positive anyway x