View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Raeth

Thank you for the welcome, Dee.

I know I need support thus my being here; I suppose for now I'm just testing the waters. I've had people I trusted in the past turn on me after I shared what's going on more then once so being open is a difficult thing for me. I don't know if I'd be a candidate for rehab since I have things "under control" right now. It's such a balancing act though and I'm waiting for it all to fall down again.

I saw my previous doctor about my alcoholism before but he wasn't really a whole lot of help so I haven't talked to my new one about it yet. The pain I am experiencing is because I herniated two discs in my lower back and, because of a lying employer and "doctor", I never got treatment. It's been about two years since my injury without it being taken care of properly so I'm now dealing with a moderate permanent disability and most likely pain for the rest of my life.

I don't think I'm a danger to myself, or at least not for the time being. Thank you for the link though, I will hang on to it as I may need it at another point in this journey.