Thread: Broken heart
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Moontime

Hi, I can so relate! I came into recovery with a broken heart like so many people do. I felt like my world was torn up when I put so much into a relationship that had ended. From my experience, I had to fill that void with recovery, for me it was NA. It was through NA and the 1st 3 steps, that I began filling that void with a loving caring power greater than myself. It was a struggle, but I am finally to a point where it really doesn't matter what's affecting me from the outside, because in all reality it's an inside job that nobody can fill but God. I know from where you are, it's hard to look past that, but give it time, it does get better. Once I surrendered that I was powerless over this person I was in a relationship with for 9 years, I started moving foward. I continue to work on myself through the 12 steps and today, I'm rising to a point of freedom. Just remember this too shalt pass and be true to yourself. It took me awhile to realize that god was doing for me what I couldn't do for myself. God removed this person in my life, which I didn't understand then, but I do understand now. If you two are suppose to be together, you will in time. My sponsor has told me pray to be with this person or something better. Don't settle less for what I deserve. Pray for God's will in this situation and the power to carry it out. It gets better, it really does.