Notices

Broken heart

Old 12-28-2004, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Broken heart

I cant seem to win. I'm staying clean and I'm not feeling any better. Today I'm having those thoughts. My heart is broken in a thousand pieces. The man I love is leaving in a few months and I'm so hurt. Nothing is helping me feel any better. I feel trapped. My life is so empty right now. Maybe it is just that I cant see the good through the dark cloud but I need prayers to get through this. God, please help me.

Hope
Old 12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Hope)) Please don't use over this! Trust in God's plan for you. I know, thats easy to say. But I believe he will get you through this chapter, if you trust him. You will be in my prayers.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the prayers Marty. That means a lot to me. I'm trusting in God. He always knows best.

Hope
Old 12-28-2004, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
new life

Hope! I pray and believe God will fill your emptiness.
Tomorrow will be a better day.
One day at a time.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope, everything happens for a reason. We might not understand them. You need to work on making yourself better. Alot can happen in a few months. Don't give up!!!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 04:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Hope)))))

Prayers going out for you......Look for the silver lining it is there....
Old 12-29-2004, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there Hope!

We are all praying for you!
Big hugs to you.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope,

My heart goes out to you. God Bless!

Old 12-29-2004, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, I can so relate! I came into recovery with a broken heart like so many people do. I felt like my world was torn up when I put so much into a relationship that had ended. From my experience, I had to fill that void with recovery, for me it was NA. It was through NA and the 1st 3 steps, that I began filling that void with a loving caring power greater than myself. It was a struggle, but I am finally to a point where it really doesn't matter what's affecting me from the outside, because in all reality it's an inside job that nobody can fill but God. I know from where you are, it's hard to look past that, but give it time, it does get better. Once I surrendered that I was powerless over this person I was in a relationship with for 9 years, I started moving foward. I continue to work on myself through the 12 steps and today, I'm rising to a point of freedom. Just remember this too shalt pass and be true to yourself. It took me awhile to realize that god was doing for me what I couldn't do for myself. God removed this person in my life, which I didn't understand then, but I do understand now. If you two are suppose to be together, you will in time. My sponsor has told me pray to be with this person or something better. Don't settle less for what I deserve. Pray for God's will in this situation and the power to carry it out. It gets better, it really does.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Hope...
I echo everyone's sentiments here. Although it may be hard to see right now, everything happens as it should and a few months is quite awhile and a lot can happen. But, it is very important to stay focused on Right Now.
My prayers are with you as well. I hope that you find peace and serenity through a difficult time.

Love,
Danielle
Old 12-29-2004, 07:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((Hope))))

Stay strong girl. Everyone has already said what I would have. Live in today, it's all we have. Don't worry about a few months, you just never know what God's will is. Today is our gift, don't waste it on worry. Keep your head up, and keep on keepin on! Don't drink, because you'll leave before the miracle happens!

Sherry
Old 12-29-2004, 09:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Thanks for the prayers. I talked to my friend tonight and I'm so hurt that I ended up getting angry at him! I sounded very short with him and I dont mean to, but I dont know how to deal with the hurt and it is so overwhelming. I know God has a plan but I still have to work through this hurt and it is just not going to go away overnight. I told him that I couldnt just say goodbye and not feel anything at all. I wish I felt nothing, but I feel everything and I love him so much and I only wish the best for him. Why does it hurt so much and why cant things be easier? The pain is so much now and only God can take it away. I guess the pain makes me real. But at least I'm feeling my feelings instead of numbing them.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wish I had some more responses. Everyone seems to be sleeping around here. I'm all alone.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I know this is easier said than done,but maybe its best to just focus on your recovery.Dwelling on this wont help.And then there is the serenity prayer."God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change .....................
Old 12-31-2004, 04:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

Stay strong Hope and try to make the best of the New Year. It's full of hope and promises. Never give up...
Old 12-31-2004, 10:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I somehow managed to shut off my feelings like they were nothing. I'm trying hard to ignore them and become a bit more emotionally detached.

Happy New Year my friends.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Happy New Year Hope! Time will heal all wounds. One day at a time...
Old 01-02-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
running the race

hope dont shut of those emotions let them out give them to GOD. he will make thing better for you just trust him to take care of you. if you shut off your emotion they will come back to haunt you in the future. stay stong pray long and meditate on GOD even longer hes their for ya. ill be praying for ya as well, duain
Old 01-02-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you!! That was just what I needed to hear today. Thanks for caring and for taking the time to write. It touched my heart.

Hope
Old 01-04-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I never want to talk to him again. I cant let him hurt me anymore.