Thread: interventions?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Heartsmiles View Post
Mr. Hammer, very well said!
Honestly, I know nothing about the steps. I should, in fact, SO .. I just googled Chapter 5, How It Works. I see now and I know now, I should, and I will read the whole book.. Why had I never thought of that before?
I admire you, for you are extrodanary.
I think most people who are dealing with a disruption such as you are, forget about the children. You are selfless and God speed my friend in breaking the cycle. I perceive you will.
Thank you for the kind words, and actually helping me think through our situation. Have learned a fair amount from going to an *Open* AA meeting that happens at the same building and time as my daughter's Sunday Alateen meeting. I drop her off at Alateen and then I go next door to the AA meeting.

I would STRONGLY recommend for the folks here to catch some Open AA meetings. Open means that you do not have to be an acknowledged Alcoholic to be there. Closed meetings are Alcoholics Only. The meeting I catch is a New-Comer meeting. Has some great Old Timers and folks just off the streets. Real educational and Real eye-opener.

The kids are what it is all about for me. Suppose it/they will be my next Co-dependency. Joking but maybe not. Guess that should give me a little compassion or empathy for Mrs. Hammer's codie mom.