Thread: He "relapsed"
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 08:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Penny1

Well, I am married to an alcoholic and consider myelf one as well however I quit drinking in March when alcohol nearly killed my husband. I do not and dont plan to go to AA..its just not for me. When your AH says he doesnt feel good its most likely because the alcohol is damaging his body. My AH has hep c and still drinks. He was hospitalized in March for pancreatitis(from alcohol) and he was as yellow as they come. He had horrible withdrawals and was almost put on life support. He came home and did not drink for 3 whole weeks. Started drinking again and went back in the hospital in June. Im not talking a beer here or there..Im talking hard alcohol as well. He wasnt working at the time and hadnt been for a while. He would have never made it through the day without a drink the way he was. Now he still drinks and it seems to be getting heavier lately. I dont know what causes him to go overboard but its gonna kill him if he doesnt stop. Same with all the alcoholics in your life. If his cheeks are yellow or his face whatever, that is caused by bilirubin building up in the body cuz theliver isnt functioning properly. Trust me I know from all the things he had. I cannot tell anyone what to do cuz I am dealing with it myself but what I can say is I will pray for each one of you and the alcoholics in your lives that you all find peace within yourselves and the strength to make the right decisions for your health and your loved ones. God bless you all and good luck.