Thread: interventions?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Dunno. I could not do that to Mrs. Hammer. I respect(ed?) her too much to try to control or direct her.

Her AA sponsor wanted me to do a full blown hootenanny intervention, and my (Alanon) sponsor said that he thought it was good idea but to me it felt VERY WRONG (just saying for me/us) and instead I cautioned Mrs. Hammer that trouble was coming her way, and she would probably need to go to rehab.

Her sponsor threatened to "fire" her, and Mrs. Hammer went running around to any/everyone who may listen trying to explain that she did not need rehab. However everyone laughed, and said OF COURSE YOU NEED TO GO. NOW.

Made her so crazy she went into hyper-exercise, and near starvation. Finally she broke down and was begging to go. Even went earlier than I had planned.

She was down near 90 pounds at check in -- any less and they would have hospitalized her instead.

But rehab broke the Eating Disorder. She has been a total mess emotionally and behavior-wise since, but no relapse on the Eating Disorder, and I am told that is a Miracle, in itself. So Praise God, where there is Praise to Be Given.