View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ladybug2

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Sounds like this is not the first time around for most of us so far. As my day is winding down, I am looking forward to a nice sober night's sleep, one of my most favorite parts of not drinking. I think we all know by now that the first few days are the most difficult, since we don't have much or any time under our belts yet and it's easy to just decide to start another day instead.
A little bored, as I always am at first. I drink mostly alone, and in my warped thinking it makes mundane tasks and evenings more interesting. In reality, I get nothing done, get lazy, get loopy, and feel like crap the next day.
This feels so much better already
I could have written this myself, FBL. One of my favorite parts about not drinking is how good I sleep. And, you are so right about the the first few days being the hardest. My AV keeps trying to tell me I can just start over tomorrow since I only have 2 days. Towards the end I was hiding my drinking and doing it alone so I can relate to that one too. Ugh, I hate the first few days But, I did this to myself. I will remember this feeling next time I think about having a drink. At least we came back, though, right?