View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 04:42 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
eddie z.
No expectations!

Hey, Jalyn! Hey, Sherry!

Turns out a good friend is getting married and having a party on Friday. He is an active alcoholic, so I'm sure there will be drinking. But when I have my spouse with me, I can cope with these situations. If I can't, we can just leave! And we're thinking about going to see a band afterwards. I've been to the club a few times since I got clean and I'm comfortable not drinking there. Actually, the friend who's getting married is the same friend who got trashed at the same club the last time I was there. I wrote about that here. Anyway, we can always go to the NA dance if things get funky.

I am grateful that my friend is finally in a happy relationship and getting married. He deserves to be happy. I have known him forever and he was there for me at a really bad time in my life. Congratulations!

I am also grateful that for the progress we're making with my mom's move. We set up some beds today and she is getting more content with the idea of actually living in the new house, although she has yet to spend one night there! Progress, not perfection.

Also grateful to hear from one of the residencies I'm applying for. That's encouraging.

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie