Old 07-01-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
summer2013

Thank you tootsl1! I so appreciate your message. My husband is aware that I have "overdone" my drinking before but he is seriously oblivious to all the alcohol I have hidden and how much I have consumed since I promised him I would never hide alcohol again once he found vodka in a closet hidden under clothes a year ago. I just tell him I took my medicine and it made me over tired when I am slurry or stumbling. We just talked about it as he knows it's hard for me to quit right now but going to stay with it but he says he was so proud of me for how much better I have done this last year after all the years of abuse. I have realized I have to get counseling soon as I know the alcohol was to cover the abuse that I went through from childhood and throughout my lifetime. I hate the emotions that come with it and I think that is the hardest part of not drinking and why I have been so scared to quit. But I need to and I'm going to! Thank goodness it's summer break for me as I don't think I could deal with working and the effects of not drinking right now! I feel SO anxious and feel so uncomfortable in my own skin, but it is better than passing out and being sick all day, right?
Thank you for your support and thanks for sharing! Love to know more about what your life was like with drinking if possible. Other stories really give me hope