Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Moving back "home" to the USA on Wednesday

Just had my first "drinking dream" in a while last night. I also dreamed that I was in a fist-fight at a (fictional) job and was fired. I felt very negative upon waking up, but also relieved. Just dreams.

I have a long flight coming up in a couple days, I am moving back to live in Chicago for a while again. I think I am nervous/anxious about the flights and the travel, but perhaps even more nervous about the readjustment period. I have not been "home" in over 2 months. I am looking forward to being in a place where I can speak the language fluently, and also living in my awesome apartment where I have running, hot water, electricity and wifi.

At the same time, I am concerned. Not about anything in particular - but rather concerned about the "unknowns". I am not worried about old friends, I am not worried about family expectations. I am not worried about my apartment, I am not worried about finances. I suppose I am worried about becoming depressed. Weird, huh? Depressed about the possibility of becoming depressed...sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Any tips out there as to how I can shake the dread? I'm not feeling too terrible, but I know nipping these things in the bud is important.