View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
UK123

Bit fed up of this life ...

Hi guys / girls, I'm looking for some comments / tips really.

I'm just over 40, been drinking since I was 22 (late starter!) and all went downhill at 30 when I had a breakdown due to an early 2000's internet boom and I simply couldn't cope with doing everything / the stress. From 30 until now I seem to have progressed from 7 x cans of lager / day to 11 x cans of lager / day now.

I have run my own successful online company for over 15 years, I work at my business premesis mornings starting very early at around 5am, I then travel home at appx. 1pm and let my employees do the rest while I work from home in the afternoon where drinking immediately starts and literally takes over ... it gets to about 5.30pm (whilst still working from home) and I reach the stage where I literally can't work any longer due to the alcohol.

I also have Anxiety issues (probably brought on by the alcohol) but I have been on Cipralex for the past 10 x years which does seem to calm those down a little.

I do also smoke, 30 / day and somehow manage to consume 2 > 3 Litres of Pepsi Max every morning too, I guess to wake me up / make me more productive during the mornings.

At just over 40 I really am ready to stop this way of life and live like a normal person. I don't want to go into some sort of rehab, i'm just looking for some tips as to what I need to do myself gradually to end this addiction.

Any advice / tips more than welcome