View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bluebird1927

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
I remember the first couple months I was constantly walking around thinking "is this what sober feels like? am I normal right now, or am I still weird?"

I guess one of the surprises for me has been that normal is so... not normal! I just had no idea (or had completely forgotten, more accurately) how many different moods and states of mind one can go through without any substances or even external factors. I still find myself kind of amazed when I do something really absent-minded or impulsive and think the next day, "huh! and I was sober!"

Or, on a more positive note... and this only began happening in the last month or so... I'll be doing something I enjoy or laughing with friends or listening to music and I'll just be thinking, "I feel drunk! I'm dead sober but I could almost swear I'd been drinking!"
I get what you mean about the natural highs and the feeling of being drunk. I can honestly say that in the last week I've laughed more than I ever did the 12 years I drunk. Natural good feelings of happiness, not drug induced numbness.