View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bliss12

Jvice,

Firstly, I want to say, please don't feel like you are alone and understand that nobody is truly normal as everyone has issues in life they are dealing with, sober or not sober. With that said, there is a level of unstableness that comes along with being an alcoholic. I am in your boat. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that our drinking has numbed us and hindered our true potential to live the way we always want/ed to.

I am 33 years old, and although i'm still drinking, I have recently moved out on my own and started working. I have lots of friends and a good potential social life but it suffers due to my decision to stay home and drink, which in turn makes me eat unhealthy, not work out, not able to have meaningful conversations, and just do the things I love. I have never even had a relationship longer than 6 months (and it's not like I have not gotten offers). I can't even tell people that because it's so weird for them to even begin to grasp to understand something like that. On the outside, I look like a normal looking gal, but on the inside my confidence level continued to shrink and its gotten to the point where I have gone from my early 20s to towards my mid 30s trying to undo what I've done to myself psychology.

The positive thing is that all of this can be undone but have to stop drinking. I'm drunk as I type this but I can still say I know my sober days are the best.