View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
NeedMySavior
New and learning

Yum indeed! Real Butter, eggs, bread, shakes........yep, I'm hungry!

And I echo the group thoughts Life, you are really being dealt a tough hand. We are here for you, and are proud of you! You ARE a Marcher! Hope the flight went well.

Well, it was a tough day yesterday going through dad's stuff. We had my sister on face-time, so it was like she was there. My dad was getting crabby and my defense mechanism was sarcasm that my sister and daughter took as me being mean. Ugh! My sister was drinking wine, which irritated me but I know she will, so it shouldn't. My dad got into an argument with his wife and then went outside to be alone for a bit. Yes, we all were dealing with the emotions. For my dad.......it's all his STUFF. He has lived in Colorado his whole life, so this is a huge change. He is changing his whole life. I talked with his wife a bit, while he was outside. And with my bro-in-law.....that this really is a big deal and change for him. And it's hard for us too. So, it was good we could talk about it. Even my son, who came for dinner with my husband, in the dinner prayer prayed for us all to get along after going through the stuff. I was shocked he said it, and we all kind of laughed and said, guess its obvious since he just got here.

My dad ended up drinking way too much, and it was a good reminder for me that I'm glad that isn't me any more. I found myself constantly refilling my glass with ice and tea. Having it was a comfort somehow?

Well, more adventure to come I'm sure.

Love to you all!