View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all,

Marcher, I love fresh baked bread slathered in butter! Soooo unhealthy!! But some things are just to heavenly to ignore!

Joygirl, I am glad that you no longer feel too afraid to step out of your comfort zone. It is the hardest thing for any human to do, walk towards fear. But often once we do take that step, we find that things are not as scary as we thought they would be!
Teen angst, what a pain to experience as a parent! Lets hope he comes home with more appreciation of what he left behind.
101 days is awesome! Such a brilliant achievement.

Talking of achievements, Babs, you are one amazing lady! I know you didn't think you had it in you when you began, I have watched you quietly go from strength to strength, giving wonderful support to newbies, always there with a word of encouragement. Some of us may be louder or more prolific, but you are a really important member of the SR community. Thank you for your continual support, and well done on 113 days! Or 16 weeks, which ever you prefer!!! 🎉

NMS
A tough few days for you, try to enjoy the good memories that arise, rather than feel sad for your loss. May be try to get a moment alone with your dad to explain that a while you would love to take everything, there are certain object that trigger memories more than others, or which you would like your children to keep. As for who gets to take what, try to think what you mum would really want

There is never a straightforward solution, but I hope the tears are of laughter, the cherished objects shared happily, and the goodwill box raises lots of money for your mothers favourite charity!

Sass, you may be behind in actual sober days, but in wisdom advice and support, you are streets ahead.