Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

when we get caught up in crazy situations, our own priorities can get skewed. this might be a very good time to re-evaluate and write down YOUR priorities. what matters most to you. help reset your own moral compass....YOUR values.

Yes I was baffled and hurt and confused. Yes, me and my girls were heartbroken. Isnt he always considered an Alcoholic though? Isnt it a disease I cant understand?

IMHO, it does not MATTER whether he's an alcoholic or not, that is never an excuse. you were baffled, hurt, confused. and your girls were heartbroken.

BY HIM. by his actions. you can't do a thing about what he does, but you can surely protect yourself and your children against such pain and heartache.

That trip was supposed to be a gift to him from me.

who paid for it? from what you shared YOU did all the work, all the planning, you created an entire vision, complete with notes and treasure hunts, etc. just how much did HE really participate? it's possible....me surmising here, that you wanted him to give you such a gift but because he didn't or whatever, you bought yourself the gift and put his name on the tag.