View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jellicology

I have read a lot about AVRT and SR but some questions still arise which had put me off from the conventional methods in the first people. For example: in my rehab and according to the 12 steps it is said that people who used heroin could never again use any drugs. They had developed a 'metabolic error' for all drugs; that just seems childish. One psychologist suggested that I should not smoke pot or drink as it will lead back to my drug of choice, that being heroin. This seemed fairly more realistic. But in AVRT if we have decided to never do heroin again and to never change our minds, then where does this argument fit in. I know a person who without knowing it himself is using, the AVRT technique and he smokes pot but has decided to never use H again and to never change his mind. He has everything well undercontrol. It has been years now and he is managing just fine with pot and beer. Can anyone give me their feed back on this point.
Secondly, I have decided that my BIG DAY will be august 1st. Not that I am addicted and regularly using right now, but i have lapsed a few times and that is the last part of the beast i want to slay. So I will build up to the 1st of August 2013 and that will be the day I will reinforce that statement into my mind. 'I will never use heroin again and I will never change my mind'
Lastly, which books would you guys recommend for AVRT and SR as i am looking to combine the two and also share it (my approach) with my family. Thanks