View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Argument with Husband

My husband used on Friday night when he was out with his friends. He agreed that it would only be Friday night. Then he had some left over and used it on Saturday morning. We had a good weekend and he was trying his best to make me feel better because I dumped on him in the middle of the week last week about how his weekend use was affecting me.

Today he was clean and a little while ago we had a talk. He was praising himself for not using except like he said, and he ignores the part where he used on Saturday morning, and later admits he used the last little bit this morning. Then I told him that I thought he might have a real problem here. He couldnt even keep his word and not use over the weekend. We ended up arguing, because I went back and was telling him how I cant take his weekend behavior anymore, and that I was sick of him raping me every weekend. I made a bad choice of words to him when I said that. He does not do that. I always say yes, but he threatens to leave and go to a prostitute or pick up someone at the bar. That is emotional manipulation at the very least. I told him next time he uses and it starts to be unpleasant for me in any way I will leave for the weekend, and if he cheats on me then we are over. He has been denying he manipulates me, or that he ever said he would cheat on me. Now he is off in the house pouting and said I dont have to sleep with him if its that awful for me, and he is sleeping in the guest room tonight. But you know I dotn care. It felt good to say what I felt to him. He is not high, and he needs to hear it. Im going to step back and let him make the next move. I have fought the impulse to go and apologize, say I should have used certain words to him. But Ive felt those words and now he needs to sit with it. I dont know why Im telling this to everyone here, but I have no one else to tell and maybe someone will relate.