View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Shining~Again

Originally Posted by GottaChange82 View Post
I know I have a problem with drinking. I dont drink everyday so my wife just thinks I have self control issues. I cant make her understand that I cant even have a single drink because that drink will most indefinitely lead to me getting black out drunk and doing something stupid.

I love my wife more than anything in this world but im afraid I have scarred her so bad emotionally that she may nevwr be able to completely forgive me. I am such an ass hole to her when im drunk.
Sounds to me that you've shown her clearly that you like to drink and get a buzz. Sucks that you're got that bit in you where you "scar her emotionally". Not sure what you've done, don't need to...but maybe you need to see someone else actually read this and wondered exactly what you're up to when you say you're such an arse?

She apparently is pretty ok with things if you feel this need to keep trying to get her to understand it's not so easy.

No - I am not really saying she is OK WITH YOU BEING A IDIOT. Just that she's not acting, by your writing, like someone you've emotionally scarred.
Sometimes women are expected to be a bit more fragile...and I think they are the least fragile of the sexes.

best I have is to say --- just do it. Lay off the booze, get some support outside the relationship and actually show her YOU. She apparently still sees YOU. That's something a HUGE majority of people on here don't have any longer. Just head over the the Friends and Family sections to see what the love of your life can eventually think of you.

You sound different than a lot of people that post here. I don't think it's me being sensitive, I think it's something about you that is still very aware of what you are doing. That's pretty damned wonderful in most peoples eyes.
Cheers!