View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GottaChange82

Getting my wife to understand...

I registered on here a couple of weeks ago because I had gotten drunk that previous weekend and did a bunch of dumb stuff (as usual). I spent the next weekend not drinking and spending quality time with my wife. I am a very sweet, considerate and caring personShe when I am sober but when im drunk I have what I like to call Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde syndrome.

I know I have a problem with drinking. I dont drink everyday so my wife just thinks I have self control issues. I cant make her understand that I cant even have a single drink because that drink will most indefinitely lead to me getting black out drunk and doing something stupid.

I love my wife more than anything in this world but im afraid I have scarred her so bad emotionally that she may nevwr be able to completely forgive me. I am such an ass hole to her when im drunk.

My question is: how do I make my wife understand that just because im not your typical alcoholic, I still have a drinking problem. I cant just get a good buzz and stop there. I dont have that switch that should tell me to stop. How do I get her to understand?

I am so depressed about this right now...