View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SNST

Thanks everyone! Dixie, I remember telling others here on SR that I would be so glad when I could say I'm at day 10, 20, 30 etc...I honestly didn't think I could do it in the beginning. It was so hard, but I was determined for once in my life I was gonna control something about my life, and for 50 days I have controlled this addiction, it will NEVER have control over me again. I bottomed out, everything that could happen, happened to me because of those damn demons! I think I finally got mad at myself for allowing something to take over the way I did.

I could never taper, I LOVED those pills to much to do that, it never would have worked for me, all it takes is one stupid little pill for me to feel what I thought was love again, so I wanted more. I quit cold turkey. I just wanted it over and as fast as possible.

Everyone has their own way of quitting, and it takes a big person to even try but IMO CT is the way to go. I went through terrible w/d's for the first 4 days but on that 4th day I made myself get up! It was hard but I managed to do a little each day, by the 2nd week I felt GREAT! But then got discouraged on my 3rd week, I wanted that energy back that the pills gave me and I didn't have that, but I toughed it out an got some sort of exercise everyday, even if it was just to turn on some music an dance, anything to get moving.

I know you have probably heard it a million times " If I can do it anyone can " and I'm serious when I say that because this was something I didn't think I would ever be able to do. Pills where my life or so I thought, I needed them just to function in my everyday life. Without them I thought I would never feel good again or have fun again, but I do now. And you can too! If you need to talk I'm here ALOT, pm me anytime. As I said if it weren't for those here on SR I wouldn't be where I am right now, they helped me tremendously and we will all help you through this too.
I still need support too I'm FAR from in the clear. I see others here who have months in and I cant wait to be where they are But we can do this, ya just gotta dig way down deep an find that strength. Good Luck to you