Notices

No More Pills for me

Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No More Pills for me

Day 50 drug free! I never thought I would say that, this is the longest Ive ever went without pills. I don't really even have a craving for them anymore I think about them sometimes of course but I don't want them. I wouldn't have believed that I would feel "normal" without them, I thought I would live the rest of my life feeling like crap. It has been a roller coaster but here I am today getting my energy back, feeling more motivated, just feeling like ME again.

For those of you who don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, its there trust me! Just give it time, be patient! You will be so glad you did 50 days ago I thought I was gonna die, but hey I'm still here and I feel more alive than I did when I woke up to pills every morning.

I know I'm not out of the woods, I will have to deal with my addiction for the rest of my life, but I choose the real " normal " rather than the falseness we get from those pills. I still have my bad days but Ill take one bad day here & there, it beats what I went through everyday before I made the choice to take my life back.

If I hadn't found SR I'm sure I wouldn't be where I'm at today, so many good people who understand, encourage, and let you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

So for those of you who are just starting your journey to take your life back, stay here, read read read, post & ask as many questions as you need to, stay strong and remember you can do this! We are stronger than we think!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

50 Days

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-22-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work!! Kudos to you!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

That is good news , congratulations
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SNST View Post
Day 50 drug free! I never thought I would say that, this is the longest Ive ever went without pills. I don't really even have a craving for them anymore I think about them sometimes of course but I don't want them. I wouldn't have believed that I would feel "normal" without them, I thought I would live the rest of my life feeling like crap. It has been a roller coaster but here I am today getting my energy back, feeling more motivated, just feeling like ME again.

For those of you who don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, its there trust me! Just give it time, be patient! You will be so glad you did 50 days ago I thought I was gonna die, but hey I'm still here and I feel more alive than I did when I woke up to pills every morning.

I know I'm not out of the woods, I will have to deal with my addiction for the rest of my life, but I choose the real " normal " rather than the falseness we get from those pills. I still have my bad days but Ill take one bad day here & there, it beats what I went through everyday before I made the choice to take my life back.

If I hadn't found SR I'm sure I wouldn't be where I'm at today, so many good people who understand, encourage, and let you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

So for those of you who are just starting your journey to take your life back, stay here, read read read, post & ask as many questions as you need to, stay strong and remember you can do this! We are stronger than we think!
I would give anything to be where you are!!!! Right now I am trying to "taper"......beyond difficult! How did you kick the pills?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Dixie, I remember telling others here on SR that I would be so glad when I could say I'm at day 10, 20, 30 etc...I honestly didn't think I could do it in the beginning. It was so hard, but I was determined for once in my life I was gonna control something about my life, and for 50 days I have controlled this addiction, it will NEVER have control over me again. I bottomed out, everything that could happen, happened to me because of those damn demons! I think I finally got mad at myself for allowing something to take over the way I did.

I could never taper, I LOVED those pills to much to do that, it never would have worked for me, all it takes is one stupid little pill for me to feel what I thought was love again, so I wanted more. I quit cold turkey. I just wanted it over and as fast as possible.

Everyone has their own way of quitting, and it takes a big person to even try but IMO CT is the way to go. I went through terrible w/d's for the first 4 days but on that 4th day I made myself get up! It was hard but I managed to do a little each day, by the 2nd week I felt GREAT! But then got discouraged on my 3rd week, I wanted that energy back that the pills gave me and I didn't have that, but I toughed it out an got some sort of exercise everyday, even if it was just to turn on some music an dance, anything to get moving.

I know you have probably heard it a million times " If I can do it anyone can " and I'm serious when I say that because this was something I didn't think I would ever be able to do. Pills where my life or so I thought, I needed them just to function in my everyday life. Without them I thought I would never feel good again or have fun again, but I do now. And you can too! If you need to talk I'm here ALOT, pm me anytime. As I said if it weren't for those here on SR I wouldn't be where I am right now, they helped me tremendously and we will all help you through this too.
I still need support too I'm FAR from in the clear. I see others here who have months in and I cant wait to be where they are But we can do this, ya just gotta dig way down deep an find that strength. Good Luck to you
Old 06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 50 Days!!

Hello S,
Look how far you've come!! I feel so blessed to know you and to have had the pleasure (?) to see your posts when you first got to SR (not pleasure in the sense of how you were suffering, but in seeing your growth).
I think our experiences are/were pretty similar.... I celebrated 3 months clean from those demon oxys and hydros on June 18th, and, like you, I don't ever want to go back where I was.
That cold turkey withdrawal was brutal, and yet, I am glad I did it. I wish I had talked to my prescribing doctor first, but that is water under the bridge.

Your post today is so encouraging to all - newbies, and some of us with a little bit or a lot of clean time. You offer hope, support, and encouragement and that is what SR is all about.

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey 1Day, Congrats on 3 months!! Thats fantastic You were one who reached out to me when I first came here, and you helped me to get this far, and I thank you for that I always wished I were where you were in your clean time, but I get insight from you, and the encouragement that I need. We are actually doing this, and it feels so good!
We have become stronger for what we have been through. And WE will continue this journey together
Old 06-22-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words

Yep,
we are doing this.... together.... all of us here on SR...when you look back at this, you will realize we are very close in clean time in the big scheme of things...we both got clean in the Spring of 2013.... You are one of the people I reached out to that had the courage to let go of a very bad addiction that was killing us and numbing us to our lives. IMO, staying in touch with SR, even the days I don't post, is essential in helping me remember I never want to go through all of that withdrawal/addiction/sickness, etc. again.
I appreciate your posts very much!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you posted this update!

Be very proud of yourself.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I stay here alot too, even if I dont post Im still here several times a day, reading, checking on some of you an sometimes looking back over my post to remind myself of what the days before today were like, keeps me in check ya know But anytime I EVER think I might be able to take a pill I let myself go back to that first week without hem, the hell that I went through, then I ask myself, do you want to go through that all over again? And the answer is NO! Im to old for that, I dont know if I could make it through w/ds again
So it looks like we are in this for the long haul 1Day
Old 06-22-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank You Anna
Old 06-22-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful

Congrats on 50 days SNST!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Grunge