View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dixiepride

Originally Posted by SNST View Post
Day 50 drug free! I never thought I would say that, this is the longest Ive ever went without pills. I don't really even have a craving for them anymore I think about them sometimes of course but I don't want them. I wouldn't have believed that I would feel "normal" without them, I thought I would live the rest of my life feeling like crap. It has been a roller coaster but here I am today getting my energy back, feeling more motivated, just feeling like ME again.

For those of you who don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, its there trust me! Just give it time, be patient! You will be so glad you did 50 days ago I thought I was gonna die, but hey I'm still here and I feel more alive than I did when I woke up to pills every morning.

I know I'm not out of the woods, I will have to deal with my addiction for the rest of my life, but I choose the real " normal " rather than the falseness we get from those pills. I still have my bad days but Ill take one bad day here & there, it beats what I went through everyday before I made the choice to take my life back.

If I hadn't found SR I'm sure I wouldn't be where I'm at today, so many good people who understand, encourage, and let you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

So for those of you who are just starting your journey to take your life back, stay here, read read read, post & ask as many questions as you need to, stay strong and remember you can do this! We are stronger than we think!
I would give anything to be where you are!!!! Right now I am trying to "taper"......beyond difficult! How did you kick the pills?