Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Michael66
Recovering

Originally Posted by MeFree View Post
Went to my regular Wednesday night meeting, actually my favorite one of the week , and this guy I have never seen before was there. We had a newcomer, young guy, so we did a first step meeting. When we got around to this guy I had never seen before but claims to be an old timer, he tells the new guy that if he is here to meet a woman, he better move along because he sure doesn't want any of "us women in aa" because that just "ain't a pond you want to fish in" EXCUSE ME!!! Sitting at a table with my female friends, we all looked at each other and raised our eyebrows. Somehow the men are classy and appropriate mates but not the women? I know, he is a bitter sick old soul, but it really got me hot! In my three years in the rooms, I have never had an experience like that. Is this common?
I wonder if he thinks that he's the catch of the day

It's sad though - that someone who has been through alcohol problems themselves can't better see the dignity, value and humanity of those others who have also been through the wringer. I often think a blessing of alcohol problems is that it softens our hearts towards others. Perhaps, though, he just likes being a Grinch.