View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
allfor, you are missing the point...not ALL members may KNOW the backstory. and may be given false hope hearing stuff like a 65% cure rate. many 'anon members arrive scared and trying still to FIX their partners. this was not another member sharing, this was an outside professional.... at the very least this touches on 5 of the first 6 Traditions....
Hi Anvil. When I wrote my post this is why I said " Only speaking in terms of codependency" and why I sent Legna a message suggesting he follow the protocol of his program if he thought it broke the rules.

But again, PERSONALLY I still think it is best to allow people the dignity to sort through information on their own. I don't know the whole story with what was presented, only Legna and those present do. So what if someone was curious and they actually made an appointment to talk to the addiction doctor about the program he offers? If they have the money, then it is their choice. There are in fact statistics that offer recovery rates (without relapse) at that level by following specific medical protocols. Heck, in fact the airline pilots association touts over a 90% rate of recovery for its pilots if they follow protocol. Some may not agree with these findings, and that is their choice. But that is what it is all about I think: choice.