View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
catgonewild1

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi ladies,
MLC - so glad you are doing OK. I hope I didn't say anything to upset you the other night when I replied to your post here on the Moms thread? You signed off right after my post so I worried. You came here for help and support and some people on your thread were very harsh. Don't know if I would have stayed on either, but we miss you here! Best of luck and hugs right back to you

So just wanted to check in after a busy day. So tired, mentally, as I came the closest I have been in the last 42 days to drinking. Long story (has to do with my dad and our relationship), but hubby sensed I was close to losing it and basically said, "you have come so far, don't let something stupid with your dad set you back". So I didn't drink. He would have known right away and the last thing I wanted to do, on Father's Day, was disappoint him.

Hope everyone had a great day with their hubbies and kids.
Ladybug, mother/father/sibling issues have always been one of my biggest bugaboos in recovery. In fact, I only have one sister, but due to her own mental issues, she has refused to speak to me, see me, or see my kids since 1996. Which means she has never even MET my 13 year old daughter. And many of those years was living only an hour and a half away. I drank over my sister's cruel, stupid actions for so long. Finally I decided to no longer let her rent space in my head. I evicted her. But lots of times, especially holidays, she comes back for an unwanted visit. The worst part is that my poor elderly parents have had to deal with this for 17 years, nothing really caused it except one argument and my sister's mental illness, and my parents have to always see us separately and can't fix it.

But I'm so glad you got over those feelings.