Old 06-17-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
MrTumble

Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
But why try to force all knowing and understanding into science? Why not accept science for what it is - great for exploring many aspects of natural life, but absolutely rubbish for determining what is the right way to live, or determining what it outside the realm of the natural (few scientists, for example, believe science can tell us what caused the universe; as the cause must logically be outside of the universe). In all my scientific work I have never come across anyone who really thinks science can explore whether God exists or not - the science is the same with or without a God. I do my science with faith in God. An atheist will do science believing there is no God. Our science is the same. Indeed, as I'm sure you'll know, the first scientists were driven by a desire to understand God's creation better. Science looks at nature and not the author, though there is a field of "natural theology" which looks to see if we can learn anything about the creator from the creation.
I am looking forwards to an experiment that can determine the presense of God, and for that matter, following that experiemnt can determine which one of the thousands of God's that humanity has created over the centuries is the one true god...

science is a way of thinking, it provides a way for us to understand our surrounding, as an upshot of that, we have gone from being cave dwellers to a complex society that can put remote probes onto planets many millions of miles away. the scientific way of thinking is completely it odds with a faith based approach to understanding our surroundings. should scientists take their orders from the pope or a mullah? if not, why not, if they are representatives of Him? If they do not represent Him, then we have to wonder who are these people and what are their books telling us?