View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post
Is anyone else having trouble making friends on here ? Might sound kind of lame, but I've been trying to lately. Ill usually message people and not get a message back. And yes, I only discuss sobriety too. I would go into the chat area but I use an iPad and unfortunately it doesn't support the chat.
You know, I think people in recovery can be a skeptical bunch, especially with newcomers. Its not you, its the idea of getting involved personally with someone, only to have then relapse and feel like you wasted your time or the possibility of them being too much to handle or too needy. I dont know. Maybe no one says it, but they think it, lol.

Ive been on here a month or so, and gotten some great personal messages, but on the actual forum, its hard to connect. Most of the replies are short and not really meaningful or even helpful, not everyone's, but some. I think a lot of people are fighting their demons and not looking to make friends per say, but more get information, vent, or share their story. Does that make sense?