View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post
Is anyone else having trouble making friends on here ? Might sound kind of lame, but I've been trying to lately. Ill usually message people and not get a message back. And yes, I only discuss sobriety too. I would go into the chat area but I use an iPad and unfortunately it doesn't support the chat.
Try not to take it personally Sober; most people are careful about making connections beyond posting on the main pages. The Internet is not a place to be careless when making connections with others.

I've PM'd a few members when I felt a private word of encouragement was warranted, and they've always responded. But I wasn't expecting a "friendship" in the normal sense to develop out of these contacts. I value my privacy, so I respect the privacy of others.

Having said that, new friendships are always nice, and I've made friends on a site that I've frequented since 1998. I've met these people in person, and I have developed very solid off-line relationships with these people. Still, it's important to be careful when making private contact with anyone met online.