Thread: Mini Bender
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
after the jack alexander article about AA was published in the Saturday evening post, a flood of requests for the big book came in. there were many,many people that got sober with nothing more than the big book. no other people in AA around them to take them through the steps.
(An aside)

And that's how AA spread -- because the 12th step suggests carrying the message to other alcoholics. So, yes, you can theoretically take the steps without a sponsor if you don't have one accessible, but if you want the lasting results of the steps, you'll need to find other alcoholics to work with.

ElegantlyWasted -- I haven't been active here for awhile, as work/family/AA has kept me pretty busy. I do remember your screen name. You've been a member here almost as long as I have.

I pray you may find what it takes to surrender, to feel so utterly defeated inside that you're ready to say: Okay, man, my way doesn't work anymore. I'll get the hell out of my own way and accept help.

I pray you the Gift of Desperation. From my first treatment to my last, I endured fifteen years of misery. That Gift is what helped me to commit to sobriety.

Peace & Love,
Sugah