View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
papillon75

Thank you lilyB2013, interrupted, and densobersoul for taking the time to read my story and for your affirmations, understanding and advice. I already feel connected to something larger through this group and I am truly grateful. I don't feel so alone in this anymore.

My son is in therapy and has been since I left. That was the first thing I did. Recently, he has become part of a group therapy and he really looks forward to going each week.
The daily struggles are difficult though, and they wear on our relationship. I worry about him constantly. Most of the time, I feel like I'm never doing enough for him. I feel like I scramble every day to try to make him happy and to make sure he knows I love him, but I don't see that making a positive difference in his life. I see us growing apart instead of together. It breaks my heart.

Thank you for the suggestions to join a local group. I definitely will look into that, as I have been feeling, lately, like I need to be a part of a group of people who have had similar experiences. Getting linked in here was my first step.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers and thoughts and, again, I welcome any and all insights into the situation and appreciate your time and kindness.