View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Babs1234

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
NSI- Congrats on your 60 days!! Try to just take things one day at a time and not worry about stuff until it actually happens. I have found some of the things I've been the most stressed about simply didn't turn out how I'd imagined.

Ladybug- way to go on 38 days. Keep hanging in there!

Today is day 65 for me.

Felt like I was about to have a panic attack over a social engagement I had this morning. I got it together though, told myself that I needed to stop panicking, that it wouldn't help. My new favorite thought lately is "I take care of myself." That ran through my head. I simply told the people that I didn't feel well and that they would have to carry on without me. It was simple and easy. They said they hoped I got to feeling better and went on with things. And the panic just evaporated. I took care of myself and now I feel better. Gee, what a concept!

I like the way it sounds: I TAKE CARE OF MYSELF. It means that I'm responsible for me. It also means that I'm NOT responsible for others. (I've been learning A LOT from the Friends and Family threads about codependency, thinking about the way others view us, thinking about relationships I've had with addicts/alcoholics, etc.) I really recommend reading threads in different parts of SR because you never know what you might find that adds some perspective.

I have been noticing that I am prone to extreme anxiety quite frequently. I don't know if I have panic attacks or just get really panicky. This isn't really a new thing, but when I was drunk all the time, I don't think I was as aware of my feelings. I am wondering if it has gotten worse recently, if it may be a side-effect of cutting back on smoking so much weed, or maybe due to smoking weed to start with, or maybe still leftover stuff from quitting drinking. Or maybe a combination.

Everything is/was such a tangled mess of multiple addictions that it can be so hard to figure out what is what. But the web is untangling so much without the cigarettes and alcohol.
way to go DG!!!! Yes !!! this feels great and the way it's suppose to be.