Thread: scared to death
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
justathought

I don't want it to be a power struggle between them and I. I want us to work together and both of what we say and agree to as a family be what is done for him. He was living with them once before several years ago and he was on suboxune and once he got off, relapsed. his mom paid all of his bills, did his laundry and gave him gas cards and an allowance. That worked for awhile until he would open a window and climb through it. She wants me to hide all money from him and give him nothing and no responsbilites. I disagree. Treating him like a child has never done him any good. It was only until I gave him responsibilites besides work, that he chose on his own to get on the suboxune and start the process once again of sobriety. it is so hard to tell her that she shouldn't of babied him like that. And, btw, his parents have not really done any research on drug addiction. They love him, got him on suboxune, got him attorneys but have no taken the steps necessary as a family member to research the disease and get therapy for themselves.