View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tryingtoletgo3

Finding positive in the mix...

When I think about the time that I spent with my STBXAH and all of the negative that was present at that time and is still present now that we are working out parenting time, it is hard to see anything positive. I realized last night while I was sitting at the ER with my son and stewing over the fact that the court was forcing me to let STBXAH know about everything medical and every time I do he shoots back a nasty text about why he isn't coming, that the end result wasn't all negative. There have been positives that have come about from my time with him and my leaving. I realized that even though I was annoyed with him for fighting for rights for a son he doesn't care about, I wasn't upset in any way that he wasn't there or feeling as if I needed him. Right then and there it hit me....My time with him has made me a stronger person in every way possible. Things that used to evoke a nervousness in me and make me feel as if I needed him (or someone) to make it through, no longer do. It was an empowering realization. We all seem to see a lot of the negatives in our lives, but we fail sometimes to look at the positives.

My dealings with the A in my life caused me to come out the other side of the tunnel a strong, independent woman who knows that she can do anything without the aid of another human being when I put my mind to it.

What are some positive traits or situations that have developed in your lives thanks to your time with the A in your life?