View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
OnawaMiniya

Originally Posted by williala View Post
I would like some advice as to what do I do with this intense anger that I feel. My husband always drank but over the last half year switched to Vodka. He goes to a doctor for his back (who gives him pain killers and muscle relaxers), he talked his family practice doctor into giving him something for his nerves and he drinks on top of it. After I left for a couple of months, I came back (due to his begging) and thought he would get better. I was wrong, he is spiraling out of control again. I went to my first Al-Anon meeting last night and it was good. I just don't know what to do with the intense anger that I feel. He has no emotion and he just doesn't care (when he always did before). He goes to work, he makes promises to come home and then he doesn't. I tell him how this makes me feel, pouring out my emotions, and I get NOTHING in return. I feel like I am the crazy one, full of emotion, pain and hurt. How do you stop the emotional roller coaster? How do you not take it personally when he just doesn't choose to be with you anymore? Any suggestions?
I'm sorry you are going through that. I'm currently at home after being "abandoned" yet again....every weekend. You know...he's "helping his friend" with something. Helping him polish off some beer, I'm sure. Yet, when he's home, he's such a drunk jerk that I am not even sure why I bother getting upset on the weekend. I'm fairly isolated and have some limiting circumstances right now, which makes it tough. But I'm trying hard to just do things for me and all that good stuff. Right now, for me that means reading up on a lot of things, trying to get my health in order as much as I can. Then, once I have a life and feel better, God I hope so anyway, I will leave one day unless by some miracle he gets his **** together.
Do things that are good for you. Fortify yourself. You will open up opportunities for yourself in the future that way.
Hugs.
Peace.