View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Petunia
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Let them take care of you for a change....

Tealeaf,

This might be just the opportunity to let other people take care of you for a few days. You can tell them as much or as little as you choose. And you can tell them that you would prefer not to discuss the situation right now. And if necessary remind them, gently but firmly, if it comes up that you would prefer to discuss it at another time.

I remember the first time I told my F that I didn't appreciate his unsolicited opinion on a life choice I made. Amazingly enough he said fine, I won't offer an opinion unless you ask, and I didn't feel guilted or manipulated - I felt good that I was getting what I needed AND I stood up for myself.

I wish for you some peace and joy this holiday. It just might bubble up when you least expect it.

Peace,
Petunia

I am just a heartbeat away from loneliness.
--Laura Palmer

The holiday season can be difficult for anyone who has had a major life change. A person who has been widowed, has moved, or has had to deal with new physical limitations may become lonesome when each holiday, birthday, or anniversary rolls around.

We sometimes cause ourselves pain by isolating ourselves. We may feel that no one wants to share the holiday with us or that we dont wish to impose the inconvenience of illness upon friends.

By reminding ourselves of the meaning of these special days, we often find that we can move out of our isolation. Holidays and other occasions reaffirm the value of tradition, love, and family. These days compel us to remember our place within a welcoming circle of friends and family.

I can choose to reach out during the holidays or any day.

From the book - Finding the Joy in Today by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele