View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
I know for a fact that I'm Hungry and Tired. I know what to do about those. Eat and go to bed early. I don't know if I'm Lonely or if my addictive thinking is glamorizing how "things used to be" at the local pub. I just drove by on my way home from my volunteer work and saw a few cars there that I recognized. Honestly, I liked hanging out there and the attention I got from a few of the guys. My logical side knows that it was all bs and part of the bar scene game and that a bar is no place for me to be. Maybe I was using that for the attention as a replacement for the attention I'm not getting in the relationship I am in with my bf. I know I could go to a meeting but I'm exhausted and I frankly don't trust myself to not be home...at least I'm safe here at home on the couch in my jammies and not drinking. Maybe I just need to stop thinking......

Loneliness is unfortunately part of the sobriety process, especially when starting out. Its tough changing your habits, but its also tough that everything else changes too. These changes WILL be for the better, but you have to have faith. The hours go by slowly when you are starting recovery and you tend to be extra sensitive and emotional. Recognize this and take it for what it is. It wont always feel like this, I promise. Its the addiction mixed with withdrawal and healing...........all wrapped into a super fun ball of Crap, lol. Its no fun, but you will get over it and feel better. Stick with it. As you gain momentum and confidence, you can branch out and tackle some of things you find interesting that alcohol kept you away from.