View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Nighthawk8820
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by mmc514 View Post
Okay, so it's only been 24 hours since my last drink, but it's been a difficult time. I normally sleep with a bottle of vodka on the side of my bed, but I dumped it, and had a very difficult time getting to sleep. I feel shaky today, and am home alone, so it's very hard not to go out and buy some alcohol or open a bottle of wine from the fridge... Trying to keep my mind off of it by watching tv, but I can't seem to concentrate on the show. I really just want to cave in and have a drink... Just wanted to vent.

Its going to suck at first, there is no getting around that fact. You have drank for how long? Well now its going to take some time for your system, brain, and body to heal and allow you to feel better. The thing is, alcoholism is a progressive disease, and left untreated, will be fatal. There is no getting around that, its just the way it is. So you will HAVE to deal with this in order to free yourself from the chains of addiction and to start living a better life. You CAN do this, I promise. It will suck, you will feel horrible and have many unpleasant side effects............but they dont last forever. Everytime you try and stop and fail, the next time will be worse, so why not knock this out of the park this time. Your addiction is telling you to cave in and drink, its not you. Dont let it win buddy!