Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by TypicalDrunk View Post
Thanks for the response. I am a little confused as to what list you are talking about? The meetings I go to don't offer a list of sponsors, whoever is willing to sponsor just raises their hand at the end of the meeting and newcomers are supposed to go speak to them. And are online meetings provided via this website?
They keep lists of sponsors in the meetings. The first night I went, I asked for the literature... the big book, 12&12, etc. and they gave me a list of female names with numbers. Just ask someone there. I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. I'm wondering if they only have lists for the females?? Since AA is so male dominated, it would make sense. But... another idea is to watch who raises their hand and then maybe follow them outside once they are away from the crowd, then let them know you need a sponsor.

As for online meetings... to be honest, I get more as far as education and tools from SMART, Women For Sobriety, and SR... so I don't try to go to online AA meetings much. I'm agnostic and so it's still odd for me to hear some of the things they say. But I go to AA face-to-face only to get myself around others and out of isolation mode... it's just for fellowship even though I don't agree with some of their ideas. Sound silly but it works And the less they know the better... I only have to show willingness and desire to stay sober and they can't argue with that