Old 06-05-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ChooseSobriety

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
I can't say in all honesty that he is my trigger (I love him to bits in reality)but the way I handle the ADHD episodes just never seems to be right and in this case has probably cost me professionally .. and I hold my job/reputation very dear and am damn good at it ! :-( Now I have to put in place a series of sanctions, confiscations (eg no playstation) but I am so exhausted by it I can't be bothered right now (which will just make things worse). Sorry to vent. Anyone got the easy answer to parenting teens ??-)
Hello Icandothis2013,

I can relate to the trigger thingy ;-) And as I'm sure you know we create these triggers or should I say choose to allow them to exist.

Your post reminded me of my younger son and his love for video games. I also recall him acting out in similar fashion when he didn't get his way.

We helped him slowly by teaching him that there are consequences to our choices. The consequences to our choices are usually not very comfortable. In teaching him over the years he understands this and it has helped him and us ;-).

The funny thing about relationships is that they are a two way street.

The words that come to mind for me at this moment are: boundaries, respect, accountability just to name a few.

In regards to making that deep down choice to stop drinking it was grueling for me too at first but it gets better.

There are many dimensions to this forum, so explore and continue to share. When we share from our heart it helps everyone.

Love,

CS