View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

i find i'm much less Uncomfortable out on the couch rather than in the bed. our mattress has a pillow top, supposed memory foam and I think it just incubates me! I bailed on the bed at about 10pm, to the couch, with a towel down, opened one of the windows and had a sheet for a cover. which I didn't have ON as a cover much! I keep the ID channel on...it's not like it's SOOTHING, but it's consistent so I just keep the sound down just barely loud enough to hear...in that way I have to concentrate on the sound and it helps slow my mind down.

I've just recently gotten into audiobooks and I like just stretching out, ear buds in, eyes closed and listening...it's as close to meditation as I can get...that whole "quieting" the mind thing? yeah, whatever. my head is like a high school cafeteria at lunch time!!! anywho, I may not sleep well from about, oh, midnight on, but I have the freedom to kind of flail from end to end on the couch, check the time (i'm the alarm clock for the house, if hank needs up at 4:30, I get up at 4:15 to get the coffee going - there is little I hate worse than the alarm clock, even tho ours are set to chime, so i'm always on alert BEFORE the damn thing goes off!), get some water if I need to and not worry about waking the rest of the household.

kinda funny, but poor hank now has the intermittent sleep of a menopausal woman! he often wakes up at 1 or 2 and fights to get back to sleep, feels too hot. I guess night sweats are contagious??? hey dude, sorry, when we met you said you LIKED older women! LOL