View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Sobreia

Originally Posted by AllieB View Post
Just dropping in to say hi. Still not drinking, but still spending 90% of my time either furious, tearful, anxious, or too despondent to bother with the work of being depressed.

But, not drinking. Thus far the only apparent effect of not drinking for more than a month is that I spend more time than usual indulging in melodramatic fantasies of getting to die in the course of heroically rescuing children and/or the planet (self-harm is a sin, but self-sacrifice is noble, says the pop culture and the depressed mind) and my face is slightly less puffy. That's it. Moodier, sadder, more consistently tearstained and likely to burst into tears at no provocation in public or in private, but 1% less puffy. Yay.

(That's why I haven't been posting...I've been half following the Thumper Rule of waiting until I had something nice to say. But, having logged back on and read the last couple pages, it sounds like I'm in good company. Good spirits to DG and Sobriea and Drake and everyone else struggling of late.)
Allie, I am very sorry to hear you are struggling, I can feel your pain. Do you have any support? Is there anyone you can talk to? Please know that there are people here who care about you. If you would like to talk about it just send me a message, I will listen. Hugs, S