View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Argnotthisagain

Hey Everyone!

Thank you soo much for all the Experience, Strength and Hope!

Knowing that some of you have gone through it and survived, and that others are struggling along with me gives me encouragement to get up and push again.

I got up and ready in time this morning so I could go to the banjo workshop!! YAY!! Best thing I could do for myself--it was fun, I learned some helpful things (I'm a beginner, but there were people who are experienced musicians too.) I also found out, there's a monthly Old-Time music jam at the music shop. YAY!!!!!! How fun!

Went for a long walk with my furry baby when I got home, and brought my phone so I could call my best friend.
This is "taking care of yourself", and it's beginning to dawn on me that *this* is what learning who you are is about.

Laurie, when you shared your story and told how your Alone Phase was your opportunity to learn about that for yourself, it turned the light on for me, somehow.

I've heard it before but wasn't in the right place to get it, (too scary a thought--usually had to run away), or the wording didn't hit me, or whatever....
But I feel like I'm beginning to "get it" cuz I'm *DOING it* now. AND, I've had PLENTY of days, weeks, and nights of going through all the pain, and pushing myself to do what I need to do, destructive habits I need to improve, and find ways to feel better. Healthier ways, without getting sucked into someone else's interests.

Anyway, it's way past my bedtime now, but I wanted to jump online before going to be, so I could let you guys know how much you helped me.

I'm glad I reached out.