View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

I just wanted to offer support empathy as one who still gets her mail delivered to perimenopausal hell! started at 40....i'm 52 now. cycles are finally starting to get farther apart, like 2-3 months. hot flashes, yes sensitive to cold, night sweats, lousy sleep patterns, low energy, ever thickening waist line, or what was once called a waistline.

just last night I bailed for the couch...way too hot...awake, hank snoring....bulldog snoring with her snout right against my leg. towel down, nothing but a sheet for covers and even that got too hot.

estroven does help...when I take it! over the years I've just been beaten into submission...don't fight it much anymore....I've tried a variety of aids and cures. losing weight seems out of the question right now...I just work on not gaining more! I don't mind exercise or working out...but my knees sure do, along with shoulders and wrists. and what happens when you work out?? you SWEAT. oh goodie. I broke out in a sweat doing some vigorous vacuuming yesterday!? and then again doing yard work...like, I need to sit down before I pass out kind of overheating.

it sux. sure does.

levis have some nice jeans now that are more for the shapelier shape with a bit of stretchy stuff. I love tops from oneworld (I think that's the brand) that are slightly longer to cover the rumpus and flattering in how they flow. and short sleeved!!! outside of work or going to some event, I really could give a rip LESS how haute couture I look. I mean I care...but not to the point of trying to impress anyone!

press your doctor for relief! it sounds like things are pretty severe right now and nobody needs to live like that!