View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
madisonblake

i pay for everything, look after our girls & make sure they are happy. Drugs are so selfish. He is so selfish. I haven't told my family because I know what they would do & say but I know I need to now. I like to think I can handle this all on my own but now enough is enough
Thank God you have the means to take care of them on your own. That means that you can walk away from this easier than some who depend on their addicts financially. I hope that you DO tell your family. I personally felt better when I did tell my family. They will be there for you and right now, the focus should be on you and getting support for you, NOT him.

Yes, he is selfish, just like most addicts. They will always choose themselves and their drugs over you, their children and anyone else who tries to get in the way. When people told me this a few years ago when I first came to SR I didn't really undersatnd or believe it the way I do now because I've seen it, experienced it and lived it. Bellieve what you are seeing. This person you see now is who he is.