Thread: Anger
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bubovski

Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I've been a real bitch the past few days. I'm mad I can't be normal. I'm mad that I think about alcohol nonstop. I'm mad every time my husband gives me "the look" when I'm drinking. I'm mad that nothing ever freaking gets done at my house unless I do it. I'm mad I'm gaining weight. I'm mad my daughter has been very difficult the past few days. I'm mad about my work situation. I'm mad that I'm mad and I'm not being very nice to my husband.

I don't know how to manage my anger. Everything irritates me. Especially my husband. I'm rude to him and passive aggressive. I also feel my moods change instantly. I'm on Zoloft 100mg per day, but I've never maintained more than 5 days of sobriety (except when pregnant) since I started on the Zoloft about 2 years ago. So I don't know if the anger is caused from withdrawal or from chemical imbalance. My goal is to get off the meds, but I will need to taper off and don't know if this is a good time to do it.

Any suggestions for keeping anger under control? So far my husband is the only one to be the victim of it.
Not sure that Zoloft should be taken at all with alcohol.
If you have been angry pretty regularly for two years maybe the Zoloft isn't working too well, or the mix with alcohol may be worsening things.

Suggest in the morning you do a little meditation relating to your needs for the day re anger by turning to a force higher than you, or God if that feels all right and take it just for the upcoming day. You can consider some of your reactions to aggravating situations and via meditation ask that you might be reminded not to act badly. You may also consider if your reactions are really appropriate and well thought out. Are there optional responses?

Zoloft may need a taper after two years (discuss with doctor).
If you have had up to five days sobriety the daily spiritual meditation will also be helpful re the booze also.