Old 06-01-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SolTraveler

Thanks for your response, Shootingstar. I need the encouragement right now, as I feel very much like I am between a rock and a hard place.

Yes, he has certainly stepped up far, far more than I ever expected. Aside from his drinking, he is generally a reliable guy, especially when it comes to family. And I know he loves me and the kids to bits - that is very clear and he tries to show it every day. So that all does give me hope. I know that he can't change until he decides to, but I also know that I quit drinking for this family, so it is possible that he may do the same. Or, he may not. Time will tell.

At any rate, unless something drastic happens, I am going to wait it out and see what happens, at least until after the baby is born. I think if he IS going to quit, that may do it. And I need to eliminate that as a "what if" should I decide to leave.

I am trying to take one day at a time and take care of me and the kids. Hopefully he will act on his words, but I can't worry about that just now.