Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bopsteady937

supporting my buddy in rehab suggestions.

hey everybody, I've found out that a friend of mine has recently checked himself into a rehab facility. I have a few questions for those who can help me. first, I had to find out that he went out of state for rehab from his mom, and not him. by him not telling me could that mean that he didn't want me to know and doesn't want/need my support? It could be because his mother is very controlling and didn't want him to tell anybody about it. I understand it can be an embarrassing situation, but at the same time I think he should know that there are people out there that care about him and want him to get better. that being said, i'm not a user of anything at all. it's been kind of hard to find any information specifically aimed at supportive friends, everything i've read seems to be more aimed at the family members. Does anybody know of any articles specifically at friends? any questions for me are welcome, and any other suggestions that i may not have thought about are GREATLY appreaciated