View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
munchkin05

Uggh, craziness here at work.
Okay, so remember how I said that all our LWOP (leave without pay), vacation, sick leave had all been pulled because we're helping another office?
Well, turns out that higher up (really high up) has been looking at this regions numbers when they noticed "hey, employees at these offices are not taking their mandatory 10 hours! WTH?"
And they went after the supervisor two levels up.
And caca rolls downhill.
So now its all reinstated with LWOP being the biggest of them all.
I am leaving early now today at 12n to go camping. LWOP thank you very much.
However everyone is yelling because a coworker called in sick, one who never does. The general consensus is that she has something going on personally and didnt' want to take LWOP.
You know, my boss a while ago yelled at me to "get used to the new normal"
Problem is, the people here have to get used to "the new normal" here.
I've said it before, I'll say it again.
The boss, her boss, and the people here can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that WE ARE NOT ISSUING ENOUGH TICKETS TO SUPPORT US.
They are so focused on little jobs here and there, that they forget, plain and simple that we need tickets to pay our salaries. If no tickets then people need to lwop.
If we don't lwop well, then we get chopped. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

My prediction?
A month from now. Possibly, two months. We will have more layoffs.
Here. At this office. One. Possibly two more people.
Sigh.
And guess what. When those two more people leave, the boss will still have to let people go on vacation and doctor appointments. The boss will still probably have to make people LWOP because the ticket numbers are not there to support the staff.
Simple math.
Get used to the new normal. Yeah, right.
Very frustrating.

Oh and here's a funny.
This past weekend, hubby made me a pina colada (without the colada aka rum)
I told him recently I miss the days of drinking "foo foo" (spelling??) drinks with umbrellas.
So he nicely made me a pina colada, made himself and DS one too. I sipped it out of a margarita glass.
Took a picture of it and put it on FB with the caption "Pina Colada time!"
I think my parents saw the picture on FB because they were looking at the pictures of my new Jeep and I think my Mom almost broached the topic with me yesterday but she got nervous. LOL
They probaby think I'm drinking again, which oddly enough, I find humorous.
I don't exactly know what that (that meaning my reaction to them thinking I'm drinking again) means.
Well, whatever.
Still here, still sober. Going on 18 months now. Wow. 18 months.
That's pretty frickin amazing.
I never thought I would be sober for that long. I can't really say I thought I was like Brenda in Diary of an alcoholic houswife, that I thought later on I would drink again, that I would just take a break.
Nah, I just thought I wouldn't be able to last that long. That sooner or later I would cave to my addiction again.
Now saying that, I am ever mindful about NOT EVER drinking again.
Its a battle that I, and all the others here, will fight every day of our lives.
Addiction sucks, royally. Its a monster on your back that takes more and more away from you until there is nothing left. You think it's all cute and cuddly but when you tell it "NO" it grows scales and teeth and claws. Its like a Mogwai, only once you tell it NO it turns into a gremlin.
I kind of wished in a way, that I remember more of the bad times. It is so hard to remember many of those times.
Only really bad memories I have of drinking was the time my 2 yr old son went upstairs by himself and was playing around in his bedroom while I was in a alcohol induced sleep on the sofa downstairs at 10pm, that and the constant running to the bathroom because my stomach was so upset. (almost always #2, I hate vomiting. I could never be a bulimic. Can't stand to vomit)
I remember sitting in the bathroom, shower running, its all steamy, and I'm shaking, feeling miserable. Whether it was physical withdraws or just a hangover. Don't know.
I'm just so glad I woke up.
I'm glad I changed my life and removed alcohol from it.

Still here, still sober and so very grateful.